Instructors, Associates, Teaching Assistants:
Guides for creating assignments
- Creating an assignment
- Adding details to an assignment
- More details on creating online assignments
- Downloading submissions: Working with bulk downloads and uploads
- Remember to set the "submission type" to "online" if you'd like students to submit the assignment through Canvas. The default is "no submission" and this means students cannot submit their assignment directly to your course site.
- Below the "due date" you'll find dates for setting availability ("from" and "until"). Students will not be able to look at the assignment or make a submission outside of that window. You can leave these dates blank, and you'll still be able to see late submissions (indicated by red shading on the student's assignment in the gradebook).
- All about grades and the gradebook
- To prevent students from seeing specific assignment feedback/grades immediately: Muting and unmuting assignments
- Grade your assignments faster with Speedgrader
- Find help with assignment submissions through Canvas: How do I submit an online assignment?
- See how hypothetical grades affect your total grade: What-if grades